I've suggested (& published in 21 journal papers) a new theory called quantised inertia (or MiHsC) that assumes that inertia is caused by horizons damping quantum fields. It predicts galaxy rotation & lab thrusts without any dark stuff or adjustment. My University webpage is here, I've written a book called Physics from the Edge and I'm on twitter as @memcculloch. Most of my content is at patreon now: here

Friday 1 March 2013

Low-l CMB anomaly & MiHsC


There is one observation I have been thinking about for a while. WMAP, the precursor to Planck, implied that there was a lack of energy in the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) at the largest scales. I've often wondered whether this could be due to a Hubble-scale Casimir effect similar to the one that produces MiHsC, but I have not written a paper on the CMB yet because, although these observations are interesting, with data of such distant origin it is difficult to know exactly what one is looking at, and more crucially the WMAP data did not have statistical significance at these large scales (there was not enough data). I hope that the Planck satellite (soon to report) will provide more certainty at these largest scales.

No comments: